The port and BLG LOGISTICS simply belong together. We have worked in the port environment ever since the company was established in the year 1877. Over the years, we have built up a network of more than 20 terminals in international locations.
Therefore, our expertise in port logistics couldn't be more multifaceted. Our terminal in Bremerhaven is one of the largest automobile ports in the world, with more than 2.5 million vehicles being handled here every year. Apart from vehicles, large components of up to 1,000 tons for the offshore wind industry can also be handled in Bremerhaven.
Europe's largest terminal for conventional cargo is also part of our network. Whether it's a question of steel products, wood or paper products, or heavy cargo, with our specialized equipment, we are also in a position to work on special orders.
With our motivated employees, excellent infrastructure, and innovative logistics solutions, we take on each challenge and implement a successful solution on behalf of our customer. Nothing is too big or too heavy.
In the area of port logistics, at our terminals throughout Germany, we employ operational and commercial management staff and administrators as well as the employees who perform the typical functions for the handling of automobiles and port cargo.
Typical tasks and requirements in the area of automobile handling
- Loading and unloading ships and rail cars
- Registering and tagging the vehicles
- Carrying out checks on the incoming goods
- Class B driver's license (the old German Class III)
- Optional truck driver's license
- At least 3 years' driving experience
- Command of written and spoken German
Typical tasks and requirements in the area of port handling
- Handling general and bulk cargo as well as project cargo (e.g. parts of wind energy plants)
- Driving handling equipment (e.g. forklifts, reach stackers)
- Working at high altitudes
- Completed vocational training with a logistics orientation
- Good knowledge in the area of fastening and securing of cargo
- Experience in using handling equipment
- In-depth work experience in the area of port handling
- Willingness to work shifts and weekends
Vacancies in germany
All our departments in Germany offer a wide range of different jobs. The current vacancies you will find under the link below. You just have to choose your favorite workplace, job type and field of work. Due to the location, all our job advertisements are in written in German.
All over the world we are searching for new employees continuously. If you are interested in jobs on a special international department, just follow the link below and find an overview over all our departments. For current vacancies or an application please contact the contact person of the respective department.