Your tasks when training as an automotive painter include, among others, coatings and designs for vehicles and bodies with paints and varnishes, signwork, effect or design finishes as well as the application of special finishes, lettering and motifs, the assessment of damage to bodies or paintwork, and the sanding and priming of base surfaces.
You will stand out due to your interest in work involving (fine) craftsmanship, a capacity for graphical presentation, a sense for aesthetic effects in terms of color and form, good spatial ability, and technical understanding.
What shape does the training take?
The training takes place in all departments that are relevant to the job and according to an operational training plan with specific training content.
In general, training takes three years, but in specific circumstances, this may be shortened.
What is the content of the training?
- Processing and workmanship with regard to materials, auxiliary materials and coating materials
- Management of orders, planning, preparation and organization of work tasks
- Operation and maintenance of equipment, tools, and machinery
- Fabrication, handling, treatment, and design of surfaces
- Dealing with information and communications technology
- Customer focus
- Implementation of quality assurance measures
What is required of me?
- A good "Hauptschulabschluss" or equivalent (general education school leaving certificate obtained on completion of grade 9 at a lower secondary level school)
Where is the training provided?
At our sites in:
Vacancies in Germany
All our departments in Germany offer a wide range of different jobs. The current vacancies you will find under the link below. You just have to choose your favorite workplace, job type and field of work. Due to the location, all our job advertisements are in written in German.
All over the world we are searching for new employees continuously. If you are interested in jobs on a special international department, just follow the link below and find an overview over all our departments. For current vacancies or an application please contact the contact person of the respective department.