Your tasks when training to be a professional driver include driving a truck, checking the operation of the vehicle, assessing the road safety, checking freight documents, processing of customs formalities, determining travel routes, calculating break times, going through the takeover procedure and carrying out departure checks, and knowing the applicable road traffic and transport legislation within and outside of Germany.
What shape does the training take?
The training takes place in all departments that are relevant to the job and according to an operational training plan with specific training content.
In general, training takes three years, but in specific circumstances, this may be shortened.
What is the content of the training?
- Driving activities
- Checking, maintenance, and care of the vehicles
- Preparation for transport and actual transportation
- Road safety, driving vehicles on public roads
- Road traffic and transport legislation
- Operational planning and logistics
- Transport-related calculation of costs and processing of contracts
What is required of me?
- A "Hauptschulabschluss" or equivalent (general education school leaving certificate obtained on completion of grade 9 at a lower secondary level school)
- Physical fitness and no vision restrictions (including at night)
Where is the training provided?
At our sites in:
We also offer this training at our truck bases in Dodendorf, Jena, Paderborn, and Wallenhorst.
Vacancies in Germany
All our departments in Germany offer a wide range of different jobs. The current vacancies you will find under the link below. You just have to choose your favorite workplace, job type and field of work. Due to the location, all our job advertisements are in written in German.
All over the world we are searching for new employees continuously. If you are interested in jobs on a special international department, just follow the link below and find an overview over all our departments. For current vacancies or an application please contact the contact person of the respective department.