Vehicle mechatronics engineer (automobile or truck)
Your tasks when training as a vehicle mechatronics engineer include maintenance, diagnosis, and repair of automobiles, mounting of auxiliary equipment, extras and accessories, as well as the handling of mechatronic systems. You should have an interest in mechanical and technical processes, good spatial ability and reasoning skills, and enjoy practical activities. This skilled trade can be focused in the area of automobiles or of commercial vehicles.
What shape does the training take?
The training takes place in all departments that are relevant to the job and according to an operational training plan with specific training content.
In general, training takes three and a half years, but in specific circumstances, this may be shortened.
In your application, please specify in which area you would like to complete your training.
What is the content of the training?
- Maintenance, testing, and tuning of vehicles and systems, and operational equipment
- Assembly, disassembly, and repair of vehicles, components, assemblies, and systems
- Diagnosis of faults, failures and their causes as well as assessment of the results
- Planning and preparation of workflows, checking and evaluation of work results
- Outfitting, modification, retrofitting
- Quality management
What is required of me?
- A "mittlerer Schulabschluss" or equivalent (general education school leaving certificate obtained on completion of grade 10 at secondary school)
- Good grades in math and physics
Where is the training provided?
At our site in:
Vacancies in Germany
All our departments in Germany offer a wide range of different jobs. The current vacancies you will find under the link below. You just have to choose your favorite workplace, job type and field of work. Due to the location, all our job advertisements are in written in German.
All over the world we are searching for new employees continuously. If you are interested in jobs on a special international department, just follow the link below and find an overview over all our departments. For current vacancies or an application please contact the contact person of the respective department.