Never too high, never too heavy
The BLG ro-ro terminal in Bremerhaven is one of the leading terminals in Europe, shifting approximately 1.2 million tons in this area.
As well as the conventional handling of general cargo, the high & heavy terminal is the central MAFI packing station for the largest ro-ro shipowners in the world such as WWL, EUKOR, Hyundai GLOVIS, ARC, K-Line, Höegh, MOL, CSAV, and NYK. In parallel with the overseas traffic, diverse feeder services and freight ferries also call at Bremerhaven. Among others, these include Finnlines, KESS, Mann Lines, and UECC. Another key area of activity is the loading and unloading of barges, coasters, trucks, and rail cars.
Furthermore, all types of self-propelled or rollable units such as trucks, trailers, tractors, and construction machinery are handled and stored at the terminal by personnel who are specially trained in the area. Bremerhaven auto terminal has a high and heavy area of 340,000 m² (20,000 m² of which is covered) close to the quayside with state-of-the-art handling equipment. This includes:
- 100 ton Liebherr port truck crane
- 17 tractors (Tugmaster)
- Two reach stackers that have a lifting capacity of up to 80 tons
- Various forklifts that have a lifting capacity of up to 40 tons
- Three SPMTs that have a load-bearing capacity of up to 300 tons per trailer
- Truck cranes that have a lifting capacity of up to 500 tons and a floating crane with a lifting capacity of up to 600 tons
Besides pure handling, the BLG auto terminal offers a variety of additional services.