Green logistics − consistently eco-friendly
Economy and ecology cannot be mutually exclusive – quite the opposite. Correctly used, they can contribute to the sustainability and profitability of a company. Concepts to actively save energy and reduce CO2 emissions are a priority for BLG LOGISTICS in the planning, design, and operation of facilities.
Quality, environmental and energy management systems in use
Within BLG LOGISTICS, separate areas are responsible for introducing, maintaining, and constantly improving the quality, environmental and energy management systems. The vast majority of BLG sites are certified in accordance with the environment and quality standards ISO 9001, 14001 and 50001.
Concrete goals − involvement in environmental affairs
BLG has set the goal of reducing the company's CO2 emissions by 20% by the year 2020. We report on our progress in the annual sustainability report.
In order to achieve this goal, a great number of measures and initiatives are taking effect in the entire company, including the following:
- Shifting of road transport to transport by rail and barge
- Energy-efficient construction of new properties
- Use of renewable energy
- Lighting using LED technology
- Use of electric vehicles
- Shortened power-on time for peripheral devices and materials handling equipment
- Changeover to recycled paper for all German sites
- Recycling of industrial water