Logistics solutions for a well-known engine manufacturer
BLG LOGISTICS has been operating a multifunctional center at the Cologne site since November 2021. On an area of 16,500 square meters, 180,000 engines are moved per year. Around 100 colleagues ensure smooth handling day after day.
The services include unloading and receiving the delivered engines and accessories for the exhaust systems. Picking and packing as well as loading by forklift truck in the outgoing goods department are also part of the services.
Our services at a glance:
- Incoming goods of engines, by-pack and packaging material
- "Classic" stern unloading or unloading via roll-on roll-off (RoRo) ramps
- Measurement of engines for master data maintenance
- Storage and retrieval in narrow-aisle, wide-aisle and shelving racks
- Parts handling: packing of the engines and deconsolidation of the ancillary packs
- Picking of EAT sets to the engines