Distribution logistics for the furniture industry
The BLG LOGISTICS distribution center (DC) in Erfurt operates in three warehouse complexes that were built one by one in the course of our growth. Here, a wide variety of items are consolidated and regularly delivered to furniture stores in all the German federal states.
Perfect organization is required for the enormous quantities of goods that pass through the distribution center. All goods deliveries, whether they arrive by truck, rail car, or container, are electronically recorded and compared with the data already stored in the IT system. If the delivery is complete and undamaged, the IT system automatically assigns the goods to their storage places. BLG also looks after quality control.
Our services in Erfurt:
- High-flow DC
- Supply of all German furniture stores
- Goods receipt/goods issue by truck, container, and rail
- Approx. 500 suppliers from approx. 40 countries per year
- Quality managemen
- Container management
- Claims settlement in goods receipt
- Recovery of defective packaging