Bremerhaven is the largest port terminal in the network and, with more than 1.7 million vehicles per year, also one of the largest automobile ports in the world. All the major auto shippers regularly use the Bremerhaven facility, which is visited by more than 1,300 car transporters every year.
AutoTerminal Bremerhaven is ideally equipped for automotive handling. Occupying an area of 240 hectares, the terminal offers OEMs the best possible facilities for transiting their vehicles:
- Storage capacity: 70,000 vehicles
- Under cover: 42,000 vehicles
- Uncovered: 28,000 vehicles
- Multi-story car parks: 8
- Berths: 18
- Technical Centers 3
- Railtracks & headramps: 16
We use state-of-the-art technologies to plan and control processes at AutoTerminal Bremerhaven. Our new intelligent planning tool "Isabella" shows the current position of every vehicle at the terminal.
In our three technical centers at the Bremerhaven auto terminal, we offer comprehensive technical services for vehicles. These include
- PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection, inside/outside preparation)
- Washing and removal of transport protection foil
- Quality control
- Heat treatment for Stink Bug (AUS/NZL)
- Homologation (adaptation of US imports for European approval)
- Interior cleaning
- Installation of special equipment and accessories (e.g. leather upholstery, air conditioning, navigation systems)
- Technical modifications (e.g. also conversion to LPG, application of underbody protection)
- Reconditioning and painting work as part of warranty and repair activities
as well as the processing of individual customer requests or special series (e.g. special paint jobs)
- Actioning of vehicles and market launches (e.g. quality check, software flashing)
As your specialist for automobile transport we offer you all transport services for new and used vehicles by road, railroad and inland waterway. The spectrum we cover ranges from distribution of large volumes to individual deliveries – at your request directly to the auto dealer's showroom.