At the ro-ro Terminal Bremerhaven, we stow and load not only self-propelled and rollable units such as tractors, trucks, construction machinery or complete multiple-unit trains. We also load heavy goods and break bulk loads such as heavy packages or rail vehicles, e.g. subway trains and locomotives, onto trailers. The BLG ro-ro Terminal Bremerhaven ranks among Europe's leading terminals, with a handling volume of some 1.2 million tons.
DISCOVER OUR RO-RO TERMINAL IN BREMERHAVEN
The high & heavy terminal at BLG AutoTerminal in Bremerhaven is considered a benchmark for ro-ro transport in Europe. Shifting around 1.2 million tons of high and heavy goods per year, BLG AutoTerminal ranks among the largest terminals of its kind in Europe. With some 1,350 departures per year to more than 200 different ports around the world, we offer varied options for the successful implementation of your transports.
You can find a current overview of the available destinations here.
The high & heavy terminal is the central MAFI packing station for the world's largest ro-ro shipowners such as WWL, EUKOR, Hyundai GLOVIS, ARC, K-Line, Höegh, MOL, Bahri and NYK. In parallel with the overseas traffic, diverse feeder services also call at Bremerhaven. These include KESS, Mann Lines and UECC. Another key area of activity is the loading and unloading of barges, coasters, trucks and rail cars. Break bulk ships can also be handled at our high & heavy terminal.
The ro-ro Terminal Bremerhaven has a high & heavy area of
340,000 m² (of which 20.000 m² is covered) close to the quayside, with state-of-the-art handling equipment.
- 100-ton Liebherr port truck crane
- 17 tractors (Tugmaster)
- Two reach stackers that have a lifting capacity of up to 80 tons
- Various forklifts that have a lifting capacity of up to 40 tons
- Three SPMTs that have a load-bearing capacity of up to 300 tons per trailer
- Truck cranes that have a lifting capacity of up to 500 tons and a floating crane with a lifting capacity of up to 600 tons
The high & heavy terminal is accessible 24/7 from road, rail and waterway. With its own engineering department, it offers tailored handling and transport solutions.
Within the port, transshipment loads can be moved e.g. to the container terminal without using public roads. A 100-ton port truck crane and four reach stackers with a capacity of up to 80 tons are available for handling rail cars, generators, wind energy components or similar project cargoes. Furthermore, we can at any time make use of truck cranes with high capacities of up to 500 tons or a 600-ton floating crane. Our service range also includes assembly and disassembly work of all kinds, seaworthy packing, paintwork, preserving work and treatment of loads from Australia and New Zealand with sulfuryl fluoride to eliminate brown marmorated stink bug as well as washing large equipment in accordance with DAWR standards.
Besides pure handling, the BLG ro-ro terminal offers a variety of additional services. Overview:
- Washing of vehicles / large equipment up to a unit weight of 100 tons in accordance with the AQIS (Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service) standard
- Rust-proofing / preservation of vehicles Assembly work
- Arrangement of pre-carriage and post-carriage transports Seaworthy packing
- Helicopter landing pad directly
- on the terminal
- Technical services Paintwork
- Transport damage repair
- Port forwarding services (BHT etc.)
- Customs clearance
- Vehicle service available (e.g. for vehicles not capable of driving)